Win a ticket to FutureWorld at our next Women in Robotics Meetup
Door Prizes at our May 31 Meetup: Win Tickets to the FutureWorld Conference!
Enter to win 1 ticket to FutureWorld! Reply to the pinned Tweet/Post on Get Your Bot On’s Twitter account (@getyourboton) OR Facebook account (@getyourboton) answering the question: What would you ask a GYBO or FutureWorld speaker? All entries must include the hashtag #WinRSeries. Winners will be drawn from online entries and meetup attendees and announced at the Women in Robotics Series meetup on Wednesday May 31st, 2017, 6-9pm. Register to attend the event here.
Prize: 1 ticket to FutureWorld (June 10, 2017) (2 prizes available)
Contest start and end date: Friday May 12, 2017 11am – Tuesday May 30th, 2017 11:59pm
- Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- Winner will be contacted by the same means, on the same platform and account they submitted their entry.
- Winners are not required to attend the May 31 meetup.
- We don’t share our list of meetup attendees.
Maker Profile: Erin Kennedy, Founder Robobrrds and Robot Missions
Torontonians making an impact at Civic Tech Toronto
Its 6pm in the evening and for many it’s the end of a work day but for Civic Tech Toronto it’s just the start of their weekly hack nights. This passionate community of diverse Torontonians come together to tackle some of the city’s biggest challenges. They take the hackathon model and extend it to provide continuity for civic projects to incubate and execute. As you walk around the room you’ll find citizens with all types of expertise huddled in groups as they brainstorm and share ideas.
It’s a unique intersection of technology, design and collaboration which has resulted in multiple successful hack nights since their start in July.
GYBO2015 Day 1: Ideas and Innovation
Get Your Bot On 2015 kicked off last night at MaRS Discovery District with an auditorium full of robotics enthusiasts. From seasoned pros to rank beginners, from elementary students to parents (and maybe even grandparents), Toronto hackers gathered to test their creativity and have some fun.
Hardware Partners Continue reading
We’re Looking for Volunteers and Mentors!
These are the skills we’re looking for:
- Innovation mentors with design skills or robotics knowledge to assist teams in their ideation process on Friday evening and early Saturday morning
- Technical mentors with skills in 3D modelling and printing, electronics, hardware, robotics, and coding to help teams build Saturday and Sunday. We have new hardware and wearables provided by XYZ Interactive, Wearhacks, Kiwi Wearables and RedTree Robotics.
- Design Mentors to help teams Saturday evening and Sunday morning to tell a compelling story.
- Volunteers for communications, photography and web.
Contact email@example.com to volunteer or mentor. Prizes and more hardware partnerships will be announced soon. Sign up for our mailing list at www.getyourboton.com, follow us on Twitter @GetYourBotOn, or join our meetup group for more information about the hackathon and future events.
Special thanks to our gold sponsor Autodesk, our host sponsor MaRS, our silver sponsors OCE, Synaptive Medical, Kiwi Wearables, and our bronze sponsor XYZ Interactive. Good luck to teams from our post-secondary partners including Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Institute for Robotics and Mechatronics, and the Health Innovation Hub at the University of Toronto, Imagination Catalyst at OCAD, and the York Lassonde School of Engineering.